Whether you are a seasoned locum tenens provider or you are at the beginning of your medical career, there are always opportunities to expand your knowledge in various aspects of the industry. While ONYX M.D serves as a great resource for traveling doctors and advanced practice professionals, these must-read blogs for locum tenens providers offer a wide variety of tips, tricks, and lifehacks.
Industry News and Association Blogs
1. The Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials Blog is one of the most popular and visited health care destinations on the Internet. It has more than 4 million unique visitors/month, with a content marketing team of more than 40, offering distinctive perspectives.
2. Second Opinion examines medical ethics and the practitioners who define them.
4. The Society of Hospitalist Medicine (SHM) blog offers tips and the latest information on quality, clinical, and public policy topics.
5. The American Medical Association newsletter and publications share stories impacting health care, medicine, and patients.
6. Physician on FIRE is a personal finance blog designed to help physicians find financial independence with insightful and entertaining information.
7. IRS Tax Tips offer succinct and easy-to-understand guidelines for avoiding common errors in your tax return, available tax deductions and credits, and much more.
Health and Wellness
8. The Headspace Blog offers information on reducing stress and managing workplace pressure. You’ll find blogs and an app for meditation, how to manage healthy relationships, and how to take a guided walk to improve your outlook.
9. Fit Foodie Finds offers recipes and wellness tips while traveling and setting up new foodie home base.
10. Eat + Run from US News & World Report offers daily advice for eating well and staying in shape.
Travel and Leisure
11. The Bucket List Journey Blog is a little different, focusing on unique travel experiences, bucket-list-worthy experiences, all over the world. Plus, the blog is easy-to-read and a lot of fun.
12. Conde Nast’s Traveller helps plot your next adventure with travel tips, locations suggestions, and the essential information on how to blend in with the locals.
13. The Solo Traveler is a great resource for safety tips, destinations, and deals for solo travelers.
No matter where you are in your medical career, the blogs listed above are a great way to stay connected with trending information and explore other areas of your field that interest you. Of course, there are many other blogs out there for you to discover and find which
Ready to begin your career in locum tenens? Contact a recruiter today.
Disclaimer: Any personal views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent and are not intended to represent the views of the company or its employees.